3.27.2007

Laws of Three-Year Olds

1. The world revolves around me.

2. I am not a baby. Please don't call me that. Please don't treat me like one.

3. Whatever you have, I want it, even if you bought it.

4. If you don't give me what I want as mention in Law 3, I will throw a fit.

5. If I see it and I want it, it is mine.

6. I am not that tall, so if I want to get your attention, I may have to touch you somewhere that you might not like me touching don't get mad at me.

7. If I say I don't like you, don't take it personally. In about five minutes, I will be your best friend again.

8. You don't have to repeat yourself. I heard you the first time. I am just ignoring you.

9. I am independent.

10. I may need some help sometimes, but remember Law 9.

11. I am prone to but into your conversation.

12. I have some manners, but I rarely use them.

13. I love hugs. Give me a lot of them.

14. I love to give hugs. Let me give a lot of them.

15. It is okay for you to ask for a hug. I reserve the right to refuse to give you one if I don't want to give you one.

16. I love to learn.

17. Remember Law 16. Whatever I see you do, I will copy it.

18. Remember Law 16. I learn the bad things quicker than I learn the good things.

19. If I see you eating something, I am going to ask for it. If you don't give me any, I may resort to crying. Please remember Law 2.

20. I will not usually cover my mouth when I cough or sneeze. I know I am supposed to, but I choose not to do it.

21. I made a mess, but I expect you to clean it up.

22. I still cry. Please remember Law 2.

23. I like to be carried. Please remember Law 2.

24. I know all of the stuff that I have is mine, but I expect you to carry my backpack, my stuffed animal, and me.

25. Yes, I want you to put all 58 of my pictures on the wall.

26. Please don't put so many barrettes in my hair. I am subject to lose them.

27. Please don't put so many layers of clothes on me. I am subject to lose a layer or two.

28. I like going round in circles. It is fun to me.

29. I will do everything you say, literally.

30. It's Friday. I am allowed to act crazier than normal.

31. I will fall down from time to time.

I will add more later.

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.