3.30.2007

All By Myself

Can I just be honest?

Well, I am about ready to cry. Seriously. I am.
Most of it is because I am being female, but hey, we ladies do that from time to time. Some of it is because I have been abandoned alone in the wilderness with 14 three and four year old children who must have been fed pure came sugar for breakfast.

Here's the whole story.

I am a Pre-K teacher (ages 3 & 4). There are four teachers in my class. In my class, we provide day care for the employees of our school district at my school, so we have the students all day. (Oh Lord. Yea, we have TEACHER'S KIDS.)

Side note: I can't talk because my mother is a teacher and my father was a college professor. Get this... my father was also a pastor. Yep.

The schedule is kind of crazy.
During the morning, all four teachers are in the room. For one hour, there are two teachers in the room. (The main two teachers go to lunch. I and another teacher stay with the students. We read to them and they have recess.) The other teacher and I go to lunch, while the main two teachers take the students to lunch. After lunch, the students nap. I and one of the main teachers get them to sleep, while the other two teachers work with the PPCD students. After all of the students are sleep, the main teacher goes back to the other room. I am in the napping room by myself (with sleeping students) for hour or so. After they wake up, they go to our room, have a snack, and then go play. The other three teachers leave and I am left with them until their parents come to get them. They play outside or in the gym. It's an hour or so or until 5:00 PM (that's usually the case).

Here's what's upsetting me so. For the past three days, the teacher that works with me has been absent and working with Pre-registration for the school, so I have been by myself for that hour. It has been horrendous. I have been stuck with 14 3 & 4 year olds with Spring Fever.

Let's put it like: the boys have been boxing and wrestling each other, the girls insist on screaming at the top of their lungs (high pitched screams), the girls are trying to kiss the boys, the girls are singing the cutest boy in class name, the boy chase the girls and try to hit them, the girls run, fall down, come to me crying, as they say the boys are bothering them, and the whole process happens over and over again.

Today, several of the girls were performing CPR on one of the boys. (Oh my goodness.) The little boy was pretending to pass out. The girls were being the doctor. It was kind of cute to watch because the girls were doing the whole CPR procedure, checking to see if he could hear, checking for a pulse, and then performing CPR. (Yes, lips touched lips.)

I don't want to say anything, but I am very upset because I was supposed to have some help during these two days, according to the vice-principal, but I haven't. In my mind, I am thinking, "This is so unfair. They have left me in here with these rowdy behind kids and no one seems to care." Again, more than likely, I am being over emotional, but that's how I feel.

I am very tired. I am frustrated. I am stressed. My head is hurting. My ears are ringing. It's allergy season. My eyes are itching. My ears are itching. My throat is itching. I wanna cry. I am being female. I want my mommy. I wanna go home. I need a "Mommy Hug".

I need some friends badly right about now. Can a sista get a hug, please?

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.