3.26.2007

All The Independent Children

My students are becoming very independent, at least during nap time. It's been about two months since I started asking them to put on their own shoes and socks.

At first, I met with resistance. They cried and moaned about it. Now, finally, they are doing it without complaint, for the most part. Every now and then, someone complains.

I must say that the complaints are getting better. They no longer cry. Here's a recent conversation:
Student: Mrs. Boone, I can't put my socks on.
Me: Have you tried putting them on?
Student: No, they are too hard.
Me: Well, try to put them on. Okay?
Student: Mrs. Boone, if you put my socks on, I will put my shoes on.

Of course, I went and put his socks on for him.

After that, one of the other students who was nearby said, "Mrs. Boone, if you put my socks on, I will put my shoes on." Gotta love the chilins'.

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.