3.06.2007

Got Jacked Up!

How about I got jacked up by my students today?

I was in the indoor playground with them and they had me cornered. I got pelted with balls for like 6 minutes before I could get out of the corner.

We play dodge ball sometimes. (Not that it is the official version of dodge ball mind you. It's the 3-year old version of dodge ball.) At times, the other teacher and I let them be it and we are among the dodgers.

That really wasn't the case today, though. I threw one of the balls back to one of the students (to give it back to him), but the student didn't catch the ball and it hit him. Apparently, that was the cue for everyone else to start throwing balls at me. I was able to defend myself for a few minutes, until I went to pick up a couple of balls in the corner. The next thing I know, I have 12 balls heading straight for various parts of my body, including my face. I ducked and covered as best as I could.

I wasn't just sitting there taking it. I was trying to fight my way out of it. I think they must have formulated a plan of attack or something because when I grabbed one ball to throw it, I had two balls come flying back at me. I was screaming for help, but no one came. I was threatening to tell my mother, their mothers, the other teacher, the principal, the governor, and the president; none of that mattered; it was get Mrs. Boone Day.

I caught a brief glimpse of hope when they had to go chase some of the balls down, but I couldn't get away because they had two of the students remain near me, ready to besiege me with balls, if I tried to escape. I capture one of the guards, and was about to escape, when I saw blurs of red, blue, purple, orange, and yellow coming towards me yet again. I almost gave up hope. The other teacher was out taking some of the girls to the restroom. (I think that was part of their plan, too.)

I saw a way out, one of the students had turned his back on me, so I grabbed him and dared them to throw the ball at me with him in my arms; like that mattered because one of them threw a ball anyway. The student I had in my arms was laughing like crazy.

I ended up having to grab each of the students and do them the same way. They were all chanted, "Oh, do me like that Mrs. Boone." Doing that got me out of the attack, so I was grateful for that.

I love my students! We have so much fun together.

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.