3.05.2007

College Registration

I went up to the school with my hubby so that he could register. I don't normally go up there with him, but I did today.

I had forgotten how crazy registration can be. DeVry University's registration isn't like my college's registration was (Tarleton State University).

At Tarleton, we saw our academic advisor to see what classes we needed to take, filled out a form, had the advisor sign it, and then went to the registration area and stood in long lines, praying that the classes we wanted to take did not fill up before we were able to register. (Be advised that the registration process at Tarleton may have changed since I went to school there in the 1990s.)

At DeVry, they make up their own mock schedule on the computer, then take that to the register, then she looks it over, then they go to financial aid to determine how they are going to pay their bill, after that they go to a person who officially gets them registered into the classes, after that, they go see the cashier to pay their bill. They don't have to go to a big room and stand in line with 500 other students. They mostly go to offices and sit down in chairs. That ain't fair. You do have to sit in those chairs and wait for awhile, though.

College registration has changed a lot since I was in school in the 90s, but it has stayed the same in the most important way. . . YOU still have to WAIT IN LINE!

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.