2.21.2007

Thinking

I was thinking today about how children act these days. When I was a youngster, (as if I am all that old), we did not act up out in public. Mama always said, "Do not go out in public acting a fool. If you have to act like you do not have any sense, do it at home." And that was the way we acted, we acted like we had some sense out in public and acted a fool at the house.

Kids these days do not act like that. They act a fool all the time.

That is one of the reasons that I am skeptical about having children now. I do not want my children, (Tre and Lil D) acting up in public. (They are twin boys. One named after my husband and one named after me.)

I have heard the saying, "You children will act differently because you are the one who raised them, but I am sure that most parents feel that way about their child, but still, children act up.

These days, children are not even scared when you say that you are going to call their parents. That has corrected me on several occasions.

When I was a senior in high school, I decided to act grown one day in English class. My teacher, Mr. Newton, kept telling me to stop acting up. (I do not even remember what I did.) After a while, he said, "I am going to call your mother." My face got sad. My demeanor changed. I almost started crying. I reacted so strangely, that I scared him. Just as the tears were about to fall from my eyes, he said, "I will not call your mother if you act right." You better believe I started acting right. From that day one, he teased me about that incident until I graduated. If that man would have called my mother and told her that I was acting a fool, my mother would have killed me. I was 17 years old when this happened.

Things are so crazy these days. I just keep praying!

P.S. I am so very hungry.

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.