2.20.2007

All Day Long!

I had jury duty today.

First of all, I had to drive from Coppell to Dallas. That took over an hour. That is ridiculous. Half of Coppell is in Dallas County and the other half is in Denton County. I be glad when we get out of Coppell (Ebonically speaking). But that's another story.

I was downtown all day. I was in the Central Jury Room for close to an hour. We had to watch a film and then we had to wait to be called. While waiting, I was able to write some on the Gossip Story.

My number was called to go to a court area. That took forever. When I got up to the area, there were already 100 people in the little enclosed area. It was hot up in that area. I had to go out into the open hallway because I didn't want my allergies to act up. The wait was over an hour and a half.

We got called into the courtroom. The case was a murder case. There was a good chance that I wasn't going to get picked for the jury because of where I was sitting in the gallery.

The judge talked for too long, asking questions and explaining stuff. We were dismissed for lunch.

They were late calling us back into the courtroom after lunch. Get this… I had to go to the restroom. I was trying to wait and see if they were going to call us back into the courtroom. I kept thinking, "The moment that I go to the restroom, they are gonna call us back into court." I couldn't wait any longer, so I went to the restroom. I was late getting back into the courtroom and the judge decided to call me out in front of everyone. Someone told me, "They called us back in just after you left to go to the restroom." Ain't that some bull?

So, the rest of the afternoon was boring. Two people on my row were picked to be a part of the jury. I didn't, I guess because they had already picked two women before me.

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.