2.04.2007

Holding Out

I was riding home after church on Sunday. I was thinking about how long I waited before my husband came. I was 33 years old and I was a virgin. (I know you all don't believe me, but I really was.) I didn't complain about a man, but I did want one, just to have someone to hang out with besides my brother. (I love you, Jerry.)

I was thinking about how if you wait on God, He will make your wait worthwhile. God blessed me with an excellent husband.

Hezekiah Walker's new CD, 20/85 the Experience, was playing on the CD player. "Hold Out" was playing. The song talks about waiting on God. Before I knew what had happened, I was crying like crazy and praising God. I know my husband must have thought I was crazy.

When you hold out and wait on God, it is an awesome thing, the blessing that He gives you. I can't express it like I want to, but God is an awesome God!

***
Hold On as sung by Hezekiah Walker & the LFC
I'm going to hold out
Gonna hold out 'til He comes
God has just begun
Too make a Way, make a way for me
I'm going to hold out
Gonna hold out 'til He comes, God has just begun
To make a way, way

(Chorus 1)
Storm clouds may rise
Strong winds may blow
I know the Lord will take me through it all

He'll make a way, way

(Verse)
(Chorus 1)(x2)
(Verse)(x3)

(Chorus 2)
I'm going to hold out
Gonna hold out 'til He comes
Hold out 'til He comes
Hold out 'til He comes
Don't give up
Don't give in
Hold out 'til He comes

***

I am going to hold out.

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.