4.13.2007

But I Brought You Flowers

The little boy who clowned me the other day (see previous post) was at it again today.

When I walked in the door, he smiled at me, gave me a hug, and then said, "I brought you some flowers Mrs. Boone." I was happy. (I think the flowers were supposed to make-up for yesterday.)

Everything was good until nap time. He decided that he wanted to act up. He came in the room noisy and then, began doing headstands on his mat. The other teacher and I asked him to stop two times, but he wouldn't. He ended up causing the student next to him to talk. So, the other teacher told both of them to go put their names on yellow. The class clown says, "But I am already on red." The other teacher says, "Well, you're in a lot of trouble buddy." She leaves with the other student so he can go put his name on yellow.

The class clown proceeds to do a headstand and sings, "I'm already on red. I'm already on red." I have to tell him to go sit in time out. After he sits in time out, he says, "But I brought you flowers. But I brought you flowers." I wanted to laugh so bad because he was serious.

I think in his mind, the flowers were a get out of jail free card.

Lord, help me, I am a teacher.

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.