4.24.2007

Brainwashed

I was wondering, is anyone besides me brainwashed? I mean, did someone tell you something as a child that you believed and as an adult you found out that what you were told as a child is not right, but you can't quite change your behavior.

I grew up in the Pentecostal faith. I have stated that on many occasions. When I was a child, there were many strict rules that we had to adhere to, such as;
* No make-up
* No jewelry
* Women couldn't wear pants
* Women who wore red were considered Jezebels. (She is the most evilest woman in the Bible.)
* If you even liked a person of the opposite sex, you were going to hell.


Those are the ones that stand out in my mind. I was brainwashed into thinking that most of these things would get you sent to hell. I grew out of them when I became Baptist and was given some latitude.

Most of these rules in the Pentecostal faith have been abolished with time. The one rule that still haunts me today is the fact that Women who wear red are Jezebels. I have no idea why that one still bothers me.

I cannot in clear conscience wear the color red. These days, in the Pentecostal faith, they have 100 Women in Red services. This is where women come to a special service and all of them wear red. It is hard for me to wear red, anything red. I do wear things of that color, but I feel icky when I wear the color. I only own on red shirt. I have worn the shirt several times during Christmas. I own one red suit that I purchased for a 100 Women in Red service. I have worn the suit about three times. It is so crazy that I can't wear the color red in peace.

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.