10.08.2007

Fair Day

My husband and I went to the Texas State Fair. I had fun, but I almost got sick. We rode rides. Most of the rides they had at the fair were rides that spun around. On the Gravitron, I thought I was going to lose my lunch.

It was so hot. This weather has been crazy. I was sweating. I had the nerve to wear a black t-shirt. Ain't that some mess. Everybody, their mama, and their cousin were out there. It was a holiday and a fair day for most of the schools. We had free tickets.

We got conned (SMILE) out of $20. We got talked into playing one f the games. We played darts. The girl kept talking us into playing with the promise of a prize. We did get a prize finally, after we had spent $20 buying chances to throw the darts. I got a Dallas Maverick teddy bear dressed in Maverick gear. It is cute.

We ate a corny dog. I wanted a turkey leg, but several of the places that I went to had run out of turkey legs. How do you run out of turkey legs at the fair? That's some bull.

My husband wanted a fried Snicker bar, but he said it was too hot to try to get one. Neither of us got what we really wanted in the end.

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.