8.15.2002

A Dill Pickle and an Apple Jolly Rancher

I took a bite of my pickle. The combination of the sour salty sweetness was great. The apple flavor of the apple jolly rancher complimented the dillness of the pickle greatly. That one bite took my back to childhood memories of running the streets of Denley Drive, going to the candy store, and imitating the members of New Jerusalem COGIC (now known as Brookhollow COGIC) shouting. I bit the piece of candy that was sticking out of the top of the pickle and laughed as I reminisced.

"We need Jah… We need some help." - Tonex, O2

I have begun to get nostalgic. I really miss those times. Everyone at church was friends. There were no cliques. We all just loved the Lord and fellowshipped. Now, church and Christiandome has become lost in the money, the recognition, and the hype. I wish church was just church. I am talking about praising God, testifying, shouting, preaching, and praying. No one is trying to impress anyone. No one is trying to get a position. I mean folk just wanted to live save, get other folk saved, and go to Heaven. Now it's all about the mega churches, the offering raised, and the number of bodies in the building. How many souls were saved? How many folk received the Holy Ghost?

I miss my dad's church too. He is no longer the pastor of St. John anymore. (Oh, my goodness. I need to change the web site that I have designed for St. John.) Now, he is a bishop. (Don't even ask me about that, because I don't even know.)

I miss the dinners we use to have after Sunday service. It seems like every Sunday, we had a dinner for some reason. It was cool.

Well, that's that. I am just going to live my life and strive to make it into the kingdom. Come on and go with me. I want to see you there, but you must be born again.

Who could have imagined that A Dill Pickle and An Apple Jolly Rancher would evoke so much thought. Well, I'm taking another bite of my pickle.

P.S. Is it a sin to get out of church before 9:00 PM?

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.