8.16.2002

9-23-98: Evg. Dorinda Clark-Cole

Evg. Dorinda Clark-Cole came to our convention this year. Ya know I was like messed up, right. I was so excited. I asked Bishop could I help serve her. He said I could. I got to go pick her up from the airport when she came to town.

She is so nice. She looked somewhat different than I expected. She was alot skinnier than I thought she would be.

We picked her up from the airport. She was kind of talking to me. She talked really soft. She said she had a cold. I had to ask her to repeat herself a couple of times.

When I met her coming off the plane, she hugged me and asked me my name. I grabbed the bags that she had with her and took them to the car. We were waiting on her other suitcase. Of course I embarrassed my big headed self. When her other suitcase finally came, I tried to pick it up and the bag was heavy. I like saying, what does she have in here. I got my face crunched. We both had to carry the bag a couple of steps then Barry came and got the bag. I sat in the front seat. Later, Jerry told me I was suppose to sit in the back with her. We got her checked in and everything. And went on our way.

And That Night...

First of all, Jerry and I had to clean up the church because somebody didn't even bother to clean up the church that day. So, I'm like in my girdle and all running around the church sweating trying to clean up the church. I am like who needs this. I am going to mess up my face before the service even gets started. Oh, well.

I was waiting around the church for service to start. I dressed up of course, so I was looking kind of nice. According to one of the men of the church, I got about 5 proposals that night. And while this guy was over complimenting me, one of the other missionaries of the church heard him and he made a comment to her about how I couldn't take a compliment. She said, "You need to get out of that flesh." I was thinking, if you only knew. (I'll explain that later.)

So, Barry and I went and picked up Evg. Cole. When we got to church, it got crazy. It was okay until we got ready to walk Evg. Cole into the sanctuary to preach. Someone who shall remain nameless told me to go in and take her stuff to her seat. She actually wanted me to go in a different way so that I couldn't been seen walking in with her and Evg. Cole. (Evg. Cole should have been walked in down the side hallway and then into the sanctuary, but somebody wanted to be seen walking in with her so she took Evg. Cole through the sanctuary. I didn't take the her stuff to her seat like she told me too, because I was not going to leave Evg. Cole vulnerable to that person's scheming. So, I walked in behind Evg. Cole and that person. I sat on the front row and passed the that person's stuff to another evangelist who she was sitting next to. I really think that upset that person.

So, Evg. Cole preached. When she got finished and ready to go back to the women's lounge, I looked around for that person to come get her, but she was no where to be found. Evg. Cole looked at me and pointed to her stuff. So, I had to get her stuff. A couple of her friends were at the service and they were talking to her after the service. I had to run to catch up with her after getting her stuff. She was already gone up too far the aisle for me to catch her and take her out the side door. She was kind of trapped in the sanctuary. Her friends were still talking to her as the preacher gave the benediction. She got caught in the back of the sanctuary and had to sign some autographs and take a couple of pictures. She cut her eyes at me a couple of times. I knew I was in trouble, but hey, it wasn't really all my fault. When I finally got her out of the sanctuary, she looked at me and said, "You were suppose to get me out of there." I was like I know, and I'm sorry. I felt really bad. When we got to the women's lounge, that person looked at Evg. Cole and said, "Where were you?" Evg. Cole said, "She was suppose to get me out of there." and pointed to me. Then that person looked at me and said, "You know you are in trouble don't you. You know the pastor wanted me to get her out of there. You are going to get punished later. Now, go on over there and sit down." Evg. Cole was standing right there. I mean, if I had been anyone else, she would have gotten told off. I went and sat down. That person tried to get me out of the room, but I really didn't go do what she told me to.

I went and helped Evg. Cole fasten her shoes. She asked me what kind of cologne I was wearing. I had to think about it because I couldn't remember.

Later on, I asked Evg. Cole if she felt like taking another picture. She said, "No." I was like cool. Then she said, "When." I said, "Now." She asked, "With who?" I replied, "With me." She looked at me and smiled and said, "Yea, come on girl." And wouldn't you know it, that person jumped her big head up and got in the picture before I could even get a chance to take it. Whatever. I finished taking the pictures and stuff. I had Evg. Cole cracking up the whole time. That was that, not quite, but that's for later.

While Barry and I were driving her back to the hotel, she was talking to me. Rather she was kind of fussing at me, but the stuff she was fussing at me about I had no control over. All in all, the adventure was really great. Evg. Cole really made me feel better about the whole evening because she was nice to me even after I got her trapped in the back of the church. She was really nice.

Jerry, Barry, and I drove her to the airport on Wednesday. I got to talk to her a little more. It was really cool. I gave her a card and a beanie baby. She said that she was going to remember us in Memphis. I hope she does, because if she doesn't I just know I am going to be crushed. I may just bust out crying right in her face. Her remembering me will make all this madness I have endured behind this one night will make it all seem worthwhile.

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.