12.13.2002

Installation Service

I was able to see Eld. Richard "Mr. Clean" White installed as a bishop. It was a nice ceremony. I couldn't see anything from where I was sitting.

I wore a mink to the service. It was exhilarating wearing a full-length mink coat.

Everyone who was anyone was there. Jerry and I went with Mother Moore. We tried to sit with her, but the usher or seating coordinator would not let us sit with her. According to Mother Moore, the usher said, "Those are her children." The other lady said, "That makes no difference." Jerry and I didn't hear her say that. We understand how things work at the COGIC. If you are not someone in a position of authority, you will have to sit at the back of the church.

This one woman called some guy to sit by her. The seating coordinator tried to make him move several times. The woman told him not to move. She even told the seating coordinator to go on about her business. The seating coordinator did.

The seating coordinator made another man move and have to go sit by himself. It was very rude to make that man have to go sit by himself.

I once said that I wanted to be a jurisdictional supervisor in the COGIC, but I may change my mind after being at the installation. It was mostly about what the supervisors were wearing. That's pretty much the question asked by the people who were not there. "What did soinso have on?"

I am going to have to email Evg. Taylor and tell her that I feel her for real.

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.