10.04.2002

Other Stuff...

Editing & Writing

I am still editing the book for my father. He likes to use the word And. He also like using the ellipsis and quotation marks. It works my nerves sometimes. The typist that he has working for him types every and, ellipsis, and quotation mark that he writes down. I am still wondering how I was drafted to do the editing.

I am a very good editor. I am a good writer as well. Writing is in my blood. I have always written poems, stories, and essays that held people's interest. I remember when I was in the seventh grade. We were given the first few sentences of a story. We had to complete the story. We had to read our stories out loud. While everyone else was reading their stories, no one was paying attention to them, including the teacher. When I read my story, everyone paid attention to my story. Everyone liked my story, too. I was glad. I felt good. The writing bug bit me then.

Domino Interjection...

The computer is cheating again. Hold up... Fifteen Baby! Here we go, Fifteen more! Oh well, the computer just made me draw again.

Back to Editing & Writing

I enjoy writing probably about as much as D enjoys playing the drums. I work on my craft, so that I can get better. I think I am good. I have been published a couple of times in college. I don't know which way I want to go to get paid for writing. I have a textbook in the works. I also have a novel in the works. I am unsure of which way to go.

I think I am as creative with words as D is with the drums. I can just sit down and make up stuff. I do it all the time. When people see me writing, they always ask me, "What are you writing?" I usually say, "Nothing. I have to write things down when they pop into my head or my head will burst."

Since I have been editing the book for my father, it makes me want to be a writer even more. I have to stop procrastinating about it.

Musical Interjection...

I am listening to Karen Clark Sheard's 2nd Chance CD. I am feeling the cut entitled "I've Been Changed." I keep playing it over and over.

"I was a bird on the ground, using my legs to get around. I was a piano out of tune, but I've been turned around... Cause I can fly now and the song I play let's me know, I've been changed."


It's playing now.

"Twinkie, you know what I'm talking about. I know you do."


I feel like doing the running man. I know that is an old dance, but the song is so mellow. The running man is the best dance to do to the song.

I am going to close on the musical interjection. I am going to get my praise on...

"Nevermind what you heard, I'm not the same somewhere, somehow, some way, I reversed the way I do things... I've been changed."


Later ya'll!

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.