10.28.2002

Hormones, Old School COGIC...

And Some Other Stuff
Last week was a very hormonal week for me. I was having issues all week long.

Wednesday was the worse, because I was hormonal at church. I was irritated greatly at church. I sung with the praise team. I shouldn't have as hormonal as I was feeling. The praise team sung mostly moderate tempo songs. The elder in charge said, "Come on praise team, sing some Zion songs." I was expecting the praise team to sing some uptempo, make you wanna shout, hand clapping, foot stomping, songs, but no. I was standing in front of the church singing and thinking, "Can I get a little pepper sauce in this?" I hope no one in the sanctuary could tell what I was thinking.

I know that part of it was because I am anxious and excited about the upcoming COGIC National Convocation that occurs in a couple of week. Actually, it's in 13 days. I am so ready to go.

I grew up old school Church of God in Christ. I love the COGIC style of praise and worship. It is upbeat, lively, and it gets the blood going. You want to praise the Lord in the old school COGIC style of praise and worship.

Sunday at Superintendent Rylander's church, I got a dose of what I needed, old school COGIC style of praise and worship. It was wonderful. The organist played and sang during the offering. The music helped the offering move quickly. The whole congregation was singing, clapping, and giving.

We raised over $10,000 for Superintendent and Missionary Rylander in about 20 minutes. That's a miracle! Most anniversary or appreciation offerings take over 30 minutes. I have been at some where they have taken over an hour.

Squeezing money from "saved, sanctified, Holy Ghost filled church folk" is like pulling an alligator's teeth... your subject to get your head bit off.

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.