9.12.2007

Challenge #4

From the Mad Challenge Yahoo! Group
Summer Vacation
I had a lot of fun on vacation in San Antonio, TX.

We went to the Natural Caverns. That was fun.

We went to a wildlife park, where you drive around in your car a feed the animals. That was hilarious. A deer like animal got up close and personal with my husband. The animal stuck his head in the car window on the driver's side and sniffed my husband's hand and then licked my husband on the neck. I was rolling. I didn't have a camera either.

We went to Six Flags. That was cool.

We went to Sea World. We didn't get to see Shamu, much to my husband's dismay. We did see the penguins.

We went to the Schlitterbahn. This is a water park. This was so much fun. We floated around in the wading pool. We went down a couple of water slides. It was fun hanging out in the water with my husband.

I think I may have given one of the life guards an eye full because my swimming suit string came loose and I had to pull my top up. He looked at me kind of funny as I swam by him. OOPS!

We had an incident in I-Hop on our last day. We were sitting at a table and the waiter walked by us twice without saying a word. A white family was seated after we were seated. The waiter walked right over to them and began talking to them and being friendly. He walked by us three more times and didn't say a word. I looked at my husband and said, "If he walks by us one more time. I am going to act a fool." My husband smiled and said, "Calm down. Let's give him five more minutes." I had every intention of giving the guy five more minutes, except, he walked by us and gave the white family their drinks. I was livid at that moment. I stood up, walked up to the front of the restaurant and asked someone, "Who is our waiter?" The person responded, "Chris." I said, "He has walked by us four or five times and has not said a word to us!" A waitress walked up to us and said, "Come on, Baby and sit in my section and I will get you feed quickly." We sat in her section.

We got our food. We got a discount. I was heated though. My husband cracked on me the whole way home. It was kind of funny.

We were in San Antonio. There aren't that many African-Americans in San Antonio. We (African-Americans) have a tendency to be bad tippers. (My husband and I are great tippers, though.) I think that is why Chris acted a fool with us. It can't be said that he didn't see us.

Oh well. Why did somebody have to act a fool with us on the last day of our vacation?

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.