9.06.2007

Challenge #3

You & Your Writing
I am a self-actualizing person. No matter where I am, what I am doing, or who I am with, I am in my own world. While in that world, I tend to constantly make-up people, places, and things. There is always something going on in my head.

For a previous job, we took personality tests. The psychologist who administered the test to us said, "I bet you are always thinking about other stuff, no matter what you are doing." I just looked at him and smiled. He said that according to my profile, he could tell that I did.

I started writing at 12. I had to get all of the people, places, and things out of my head. I mostly wrote poetry for church programs. I also kept a journal. Once I got into high school, I began writing more prose for creative writing class. I wrote essays and research papers for classes as well.

I write poetry, short stories, novels, novellas, essays, and research papers. I love writing research papers, strange I know.

I currently display all of my work at Perpetual Inspirations, http://www.alwaysinspired.info/ and LaDawnya's World, http://www.ladawnyasworld.info/.

I love having people read my writing. My family and friends read a lot of my work. I try to get people to look at my websites as much as possible. I have made t-shirts advertising my sites. (Shameless, I know.)

I have had several of my writings published. I am working on a novel that I want to get published. My brother wants me to get it published as well because it is about him.

A year from now, I would like to be finished with my novel, Allegations.
It is a story about something that happened to my brother and me. I am writing it to help with the healing process, but it got hard to write so I had to put it down.

Five years from now, I hope to have two or more books published.

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.