9.24.2002

FGAC Convention 2002

Convention Week 2002 begins... September 16, 2002

Well, my hair doesn't look a mess anymore. I went to the hair salon on Tuesday. Nette hooked me up right as usual.

Y'all pray for me. I hadn't gotten a perm since July. It's September now. Lord, it had been three months since my last perm. I felt so bad. I need help. I am going to try to do better.

My hair has gotten long. I am going to wear it down one of these days. So, much for the hair.

We (FGAC) are in convention this week.

Tuesday night was the musical. It was good. Every group was anointed, but that's easy to be, because as much prayer that goes on a tour church, the anointing rests in our church.

Jimmy Wyatt tore the church at the end of service. He was the last person to perform before the end of the musical. He sung "My Soul Loves Jesus." He had sung about three verses of the song, and then he got up off the organ and went to his seat. Everybody was like aww. The MC told him that he couldn’t just leave us there, he had to come back. He had folk doing stuff coming from out in the back of the church to see who was singing. It was funny. After church everyone was saying, "He was wrong for that."

Wednesday night Pastor/Evangelist John Black preached. He did good. His subject was "The Point of No Return." He talked about Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. I will have to look at the video tape to see what text he used.

Speaking of the video tape... The extension cord that I was using would not work. I had to go get the 4 group of household extension cords that I had plugged together to use in service. It was the middle of service and I had to run around looking for an extension cord. I had to run two video cameras because Bro. Ransom wasn’t there to run his camera.

I had to pick Jerry up from the airport. I didn't think Evg. Black was going to be through with his message before it was time for me to leave for the airport, but he was. I was glad. I didn't want to have to leave the service with the video still recording. (I am using Barry's video camera this year. He has a nice camera. I am a little nervous about using it.)

Thursday morning it was raining. I couldn't find an umbrella so I had to make a ghetto umbrella. I rode to work with a Minyard's grocery bag on my head.

It's raining, so we are going to have to close the school down. It is leaking in the closet where the air conditioner is. We can't run the air conditioner. It's too hot to be sitting up here. We are waiting on two parents to come pick up their children. It might be a minute.

Thursday night was okay. It was cold in the sanctuary. Folks was covered up with coats, sheets, and blankets. It was cold!

Friday was a trip. We met with the Queens. Sis. Queen and I were to pick up the singer, Crystal Rucker. Jerry and Bro. Queen were to pick up the speaker, Dr. Oscar Benton. Sis. Queen and I left late to pick her up. She hadn't been waiting on us long though. I told Sis. Queen to go to the wrong hotel. We changed hotels this year and no one told me. I was so embarrassed. It was okay. We all (Jerry, Bro. Queen, Sis. Queen, and I) went out to eat with Dr. Benton. He was very nice and down to earth. It was fun.

Friday night the service was off the chain. It was a little cold in the sanctuary, but the service was good. Dr. Benton preached and Crystal sang. It was good. I went through the prayer line. When we began to praise the Lord at the end of the altar call, Kim Greer fell out on the floor. Sis. Campbell went to dancing. A few seconds later, he husband went to dancing. Before I knew it, I was bucking myself. It was anointed in the house. Everyone was getting their praise on.

Saturday, Jerry and I took Crystal to the airport. Bro. Queen took Dr. Benton. I came back home and slept most of Saturday. Jerry and I picked up the guest for Sunday morning, Evg. William Morris. We dropped him off at the hotel and went back to the house.

Sunday I was late for 8:00 AM service. The organist was not there so I had to play the drums. I had to sing with no music. It is hard to try to sing an upbeat congregational song with no music at all. I did okay.

11:00 AM service was good. I had to run around and get the flyer ready for the missionary garage sale that is schedule for this Saturday. I had Joseph with me for awhile. I sat by Janice. Jerry had me take pictures of Evg. Morris. After service, Jerry and I went out to eat with Dr. E.C. Carson and Evg. Morris. We went over the Myles' house after we ate.

We didn't have church on Sunday night. Thank God!

All in all, the convention week was good. I am tired because of it. I am getting ready for November, when it is Memphis time.

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.