11.13.2002

Back From Convocation

Jerry and I got back from convocation on Tuesday after 12:00 AM. We would have been back earlier, but we had a complication. (I will get into that later.)

Guess what we drove to Memphis in. A JAGUAR. We were the lick rolling in an XJ8. God is good, all the time and all the time, God is good. All we had to pay for the Jag was $139. Can I say it again? God is good, all the time and all the time, God is good.

Excuse me. I feel a praise break. 1, 2, 3.

Ok, I'm back.

On Wednesday night, 11-6-02, our Aunt Cheryl brought some oxygen tanks to church for us to transport to Memphis for her. Good grief woman. We were told that it was an oxygen tank. We ended up riding down there with count them 1, 2, 3, 4, 5; yes five oxygen tanks in the back seat. Good grief woman.

We left Thursday morning at 3:30 AM. We had a nice trip down there. A girl named Dana from the church rode down with us. Dana was fun to hang around. We went to a museum in Arkansas. Dana decided to ride the handicap elevator instead of taking the three steps down to the next level. The girl hit the emergency button instead of the start button. That sent us running through the rest of the museum. When we got back to the first floor, we could still hear the alarm sounding. The security guard was running around on her walkie talkie trying to figure out what was going on. Jerry and I had to catch up with Dana because she was swiftly moving out the door.

Jerry and I did not make it to the main service until Monday. We stayed in until 10:30 each night and went to the Back Home Revival Hour with Madame Emily Bram Bibby and Superintendent McClendon Winbush. The services were nice. I played the drums as usual. I let a few people play this year. I got paid. Mother J gave me a think envelop with a bunch of ones, fives, and tens in it. Hey, money spends no matter what denomination it is.

Monday, we saw all of our people -- Evg. Francis Kelley, Mother Margaret Moore, Evg. Patricia Lewis, Evg. Dorinda Clark-Cole, and Eld. and Sis. Delley.

I spent $100 maybe even more on souvenirs this year. Lord have mercy on me.

We made it home safely. Thank the Lord.

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.