11.30.2002

Thanksgiving Holiday

Thanksgiving was nice.

We got out of church late on Wednesday night. Jerry and I picked up the car and then drove to Stephenville. We reached Stephenville a little after 12:00 AM. Everyone was still woke. Us kids, Jerry, Alisha, Jamal, and I played video games, Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune, until 4:00 AM in the morning. My stepmother was cooking.

We ate breakfast around 9:30 AM. Dinner was not going to be ready for a long while.

Jerry, Jamal, and I played video games (Pac Man) some more.

My daddy was not there for most of the day. He didn't get home until four something. Alisha spoke a word when she said, "It's quiet when Dad isn't here." I thought about it. It was very quiet without Daddy being there. Oh brother.

Dinner was ready at 5:45. I didn't eat that much because I didn't want to have a lot of food sitting on my stomach while we were riding back to Dallas. I must be too use to Jerry's cooking, because Mama Paulette's food did not taste like it had any seasoning on it.

Jerry and I drove back to Dallas.

Friday, I picked up my pay check and did some running around.

We drove to Refugio around 3:00 PM. We called my grandmother to tell her that we were on our way. She was about to begin fussing because we wouldn't get down there until 10:00 or 10:30. I had to tell her to stop fussing. We had to wait until Jerry got off from work.

We went with my mother to get a cellular phone. That was indeed an adventure of epic proportion. Everything was going smooth. We got the phone at Radio Shack. She had picked out one she liked. She picked out the Sprint plan she wanted. The Radio Shack staff was very cordial and helpful. I was very pleased with their customer service. The Radio Shack Staff called Sprint to activate the phone. The phone operator for Sprint acted a fool. He kept trying to get my mother to get a higher plan. She kept refusing. She got upset and handed me the phone. He tried to get me to get a higher plan. I told him no. He asked me to give the phone back to my mother. I did. He went back to trying to get my mother to get a higher plan. My mother went off...

"The people here have already explained this to me. I have told you several times that I don't need a bigger plan. I know I have fourteen days to change my mind, at the rate you are going, I am about to cancel this now!"

When she said that, every member of the Radio Shack Staff stopped what they were doing and looked at my mother. Jerry walked off from my mother. I stared at her. She handed the phone back to the clerk. He talked to the guy.

After all of this, my mother's phone was finally activated. The Radio Shack Staff teased us for a few minutes before we left the store. My mother thanked the Radio Shack Staff and told them that they had done a wonderful job. Jerry and I laughed all the way home, fooling with my Mama.

Jerry and I left Sunday morning. My mother's church was having a 3:00 service, so they didn't have church Sunday morning.

We stopped in San Marcos to go to the outlet mall. Traffic gong back to Dallas was congested and backed up. We stopped at a gas station. There was a line for the restroom. We had to go to another gas station.

We finally made it home.

This Thanksgiving holiday was great!

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.