12.28.2007

Praise The Lord Everybody

My resolution, so to speak, for 2008 is to praise the Lord more often. I don't mean, just thanking God, but shower God with praise.

What does Praise the Lord mean to you? That is the first question you must ask yourself. After some thinking on the matter, these are my thoughts...
Praise the Lord, means to shower God with praise. Tell God how much He means to you. Tell God how wonderful He is. Tell God how good He is.
Think about how you feel when people shower you with praise. How do you feel when someone says, "Your hair looks good," "You look like you have lost weight," "I enjoyed you singing?" That type of praise makes our day. That is how we should shower the Lord with praise.
Lord, You are an awesome God.
Lord, You reign and super reign.
Lord, You are more to me than life itself.
Praising God can help you as well in your daily walk and fight. The next time the enemy comes to your mind, begin to Praise the Lord. You can say it, preach it, sing it, yell it, or whisper it. Just let the devil know about your God and how awesome He is.

I looked up some scriptures on the matter. Here they are:

Psalms 9:10-11
10: And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
11: Sing praises to the LORD, which dwelleth in Zion: declare among the people his doings.

Psalms 9:1-2
1: I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.
2: I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.

Psalms 7:17
17: I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.

Psalms 28:6-7
6: Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications.
7: The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Psalms 33:1
1: Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright.

Psalms 22:22-23
22: I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.
23: Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.

Psalms 145-8-10, 21
8: The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
9: The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.
10: All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee.
21: My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever.

Why not praise the Lord with me?

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.