1.31.2007

Writing, Rather the Lack Thereof

I have challenged myself to try to write at least 800 words a day. I really want to write 1,000 words a day, but 800 seemed more obtainable with my schedule. I have found it hard to do. The most I have written in one day is 836 words. That was a combination of writing

I am having a hard time trying to find time to write. I have a crazy schedule and it does not afford me much time to get into a continuous stream of writing. I get up at 6 AM to take my husband to work. He has to be there at 8 AM. I don't have to be at work until 9 AM. Well, there is an hour that I have to kill, but I don't have a quiet spot where I can write. When I do find a spot, I only have 15 or 20 minutes to write. Once I get into a flow, it's time to go.

I work from 9-5 with a half hour lunch, so I can't find much time to write during that time.

On most days, after work, I have to take my husband to school. So, I am still going. When I do stop running, I am so tired that I don't feel like looking at a computer, much less writing anything.

When I do put fingers to keyboard to write, the words flow. It's just trying to get my fingers to the keyboard. It's hard to start, knowing that at any moment I may get interrupted and have to stop writing. I am trying to write something everyday, even if it is only a journal entry.

I am going to do it. I can't wait until the summer though; I will so much free time that I should be able to write like crazy. I am speaking that, so it will be. :)

The end...

This blog has run it's course. Visit...  http://www.iamagracefulwriter.info/ to read more about my writing.